[Savannah-dev] Merging GNU Savannah and the CERN branch

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Merging GNU Savannah and the CERN branch
Date: 03 Sep 2003 08:24:36 +0200

Hi,

We're currently merging the GNU Savannah with the work made at
CERN. We urge you to avoid any important modification to the current
GNU CVS without previous notice, until the merge is over.

We hope to finish this merge soon but any change can make the
situation worse for us.

At this point, what we plan to do after the merge is
        1) Reviewing the whole database, removing/renaming/adding
        (un)needed fields and table.
        2) Use the bug tracker codebase for any trackers (support,
        task).
        3) Remove the useless functions.

When doing the merge, we'll have PAM authentication working on
Savannah. The CERN use it for AFS but at GNU we will drop the
hardcoded Kerberos support and will use PAM for Kerberos.

As in the past there was miscommunication, lack of communication, as
we will be doing major changes, it's important for anyone using
Savannah to keep us informed, via this list. Whenever an information
related to Savannah development has to be shared, this list should
*really* be in Cc.

(If some people do not want to monitor this list, we can create a
savannah-dev-announcement list, with less trafic. Please tell me if
you need that.)

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy