ruqueue-devel

Re: [Ruqueue-devel] LDAP and Ruqueue

From: John Fulton
Subject: Re: [Ruqueue-devel] LDAP and Ruqueue
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:56:25 -0400

Some suggestions:

1.  Location of auth_file

The auth_file has private data.  I just want to make sure that your
entry below for:

>       'auth_file' => '/var/www/ruqueue/auth_file',

is outside of the public apache web tree.

2.  ldaps command line test

Make sure that your LDAP search is working from the command line with
SSL first before you see about getting PHP to do it.  Does something
like the following work for you?

ldapsearch -D your_auth_dn -x -W -b dc=my,dc=domain,dc=umanitoba,dc=ca
-H ldaps://ldap.domain.tld 'cn=*Quiring*'

Once you get the above working have a look at the following for more
info on our LDAP setup.

 http://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/ldap/#apache

You'll want to make sure that your LDAP lib has your cert and then
check that PHP can talk to your LDAP lib.

Again all of this is very specific to the Rutgers LDAP server.  You
can change it as you like for your LDAP server.

3.  base64 decoding test

Test that PHP is correctly decoding the password by having the code
spit out the username and password before it uses it.  You can always
use our Authorization File Generator to create the auth file:

 https://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/ldap/genAuthFile.php

Also, I would create another account for this service that has only
the privs that it needs and not hard code the root password in any
code.

  John