ruby-tut-developer

Re: [ruby-tut] Getting started

From: Laurent Sansonetti
Subject: Re: [ruby-tut] Getting started
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:11:25 +0100

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:38:21 -0500
Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> wrote:

> We now have fully functional CVS access.  Once you've added your SSH key
> to your profile you should have write access to CVS.

Great!

> I made a directory 'beginner/template' where I'm trying to work-out a
> template for the tutorial.  I definitelly need help here.  I don't have
> much experience with Docbook.  Currently it has the files:
>
> $ ls
> book.xml        CVS/            legal.xml       stylesheets/
> chapter_1.xml   header.xml      Makefile
>
> The *.xml ones are my first crack at writing the templates.  The
> stylesheets are just copied from the Gnome Documentation Project.  I guess
> that we should customize them some time, but I really don't know any XSL.
>
> For the docbook experts here, I would really appreciate your help on these
> templates.  I really don't know what I'm doing.

This looks good, except for one point :

<chapter id="the-basics">
    <title>The Basics</title>
    <para>
        Is this where the "About this Chapter" section should go?
        I guess it must be.
    </para>

should be replaced by :

<chapter id="the-basics">
  <title> The Basics </title>
    <para>
      bla bla bla
    </para>
  </abstract>
  <para>
  </para>

We can replace the "About this chapter" by "Synopsis" (this sounds good for
French, but I do not know for other languages).

--

I will convert my sgml work to xml (using the gnome tools), and I will try to
respect your template.  If I have any problem concerning the template, I will

Cheers,

--
Laurent