ruby-tut-developer

[ruby-tut] Getting started

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [ruby-tut] Getting started
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:38:21 -0500

Hello everyone,

We now have fully functional CVS access.  Once you've added your SSH key
to your profile you should have write access to CVS.

I added a directory called 'beginner' where I figure we can start putting
the first tutorial.  After you login to CVS you whould be able to download
it with:

cvs -z3 co beginner

I made a directory 'beginner/template' where I'm trying to work-out a
template for the tutorial.  I definitelly need help here.  I don't have
much experience with Docbook.  Currently it has the files:

$ ls
book.xml        CVS/            legal.xml       stylesheets/
chapter_1.xml   header.xml      Makefile

The *.xml ones are my first crack at writing the templates.  The
stylesheets are just copied from the Gnome Documentation Project.  I guess
that we should customize them some time, but I really don't know any XSL.

For the docbook experts here, I would really appreciate your help on these
templates.  I really don't know what I'm doing.

Take care,
--
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.