Re: Spurious "deprecated" warning?

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: Spurious "deprecated" warning?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 08:02:47 -0600

On 3/2/24 15:05, qx6uwumzvv@liamekaens.com wrote:
Yesterday I did my quarterly update of the software on 3 virtual machines
running debian/testing and rdiff-backup was updated from 2.2.2-1 to 2.2.6-1.

Today when I looked at the log output from my nightly backup scripts emailed to
me from these machines, I see that every invocation of rdiff-backup is now
producing the message:

WARNING: Server will be called with deprecated command line interface to
guarantee compatibility. It might lead to a deprecation warning from newer
rdiff-backup versions. Use '--api-version 201' (or higher) to avoid it.

See https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/922

Should be fixed when version 2.4 is released. For the time being, just modify your
scripts to add the "--api-version 201" option.

                Do NOT delete it.