Re: Template management for LilyPond

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Template management for LilyPond
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 16:42:55 +0100

> On 25 Apr 2019, at 13:00, Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ~/Library/Preferences/com.frescobaldi.frescobaldi.plist

This file doesn’t exist on my iMac, although I’ve been using Frescobaldi for (?
>5) years.

I’d been in the habit of using my own template files directly from the working
directory they’d been developed in, simply opening the file in Frescobaldi and
Saving As into a new directory under a new name before starting on the
specifics of a new piece.

Now that I come to look at Templates from the Frescobaldi menu (File -> New
from Template) I see that I’d discovered this feature in the past, copied a
template into Frescobaldi, and then forgotten about it!

Thinking about the directory structure needed for a Dropbox-supported
multi-user setup, I realise that \include files would have to be supported too.

~/Dropbox/Lilypond would have several subdirectories:

e.g.
…/Template
…/Include
…/Working/Composition1
…/Working/Composition2

etc.

Frescobaldi would have to be set up to add the …/Include directory to the
include path.

Assuming only one individual is working on the compositions, but from different
computers, there wouldn’t be a problem with write-permissions, but care would
have to be taken if the OP is part of a team.

This could be achieved without any need to request changes in Frescobaldi.

Michael