iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth on OSS

From: Alexandre Prokoudine
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth on OSS
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:36:01 +0300

On 24 Jan 2003 12:03:02 -0800
Josh Green <address@hidden> wrote:

> It looks like the audio thread is running so it should be able to
> make a sound if you tell it to :) The lack of MIDI control means
> that an external MIDI device wont work. How are you planning on
> sequencing FluidSynth (iiwusynth)?

I was planning to get some sound from Rosegarden, MusE and Swami at
last :-)

> You can test the audio output with the following commands ('>' is
> the FluidSynth prompt):
>
> > noteon 0 60 127
> > noteoff 0 60

address@hidden avp]$ iiwusynth -m oss -r 44100 -R off -C off
cvs/iiwusynth/sf2/VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2 > noteon 0 60 127

iiwusynth: warning: Failed to pin the sample data to RAM; swapping
is possible.
iiwusynth: warning: Ignoring sample SineWave: can't use
ROM samples
iiwusynth: warning: Ignoring sample SINEHI: too few
sample data points
iiwusynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority
scheduling for the audio output/dev/midi: No such file or directory

> If you wan't a virtual keyboard as well as a SoundFont editor, you
> could give Swami a try (you'll need to use Swami CVS with
> FluidSynth CVS). Also, if you want to sequence FluidSynth via
> another program, you probably wan't to look into installing ALSA
> which has a very nice sequencing system. Cheers.

I have already given it a try (long time ago, actually - as it was
smurf yet) :-) Thanks anyway :-)

Alexandre