iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Is this too good to be true?

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Is this too good to be true?
Date: 24 Oct 2002 02:20:52 -0700

Wow, I just found a message posted to a mailing list that mentioned the
following gcc switches:

-mmmx -msse -msse2 -m3dnow

It appears that these exist for at least gcc 3.2 (well thats the version
I have, donno about earlier ones). "man gcc" confirms that these
switches enable optimizations for the corresponding technologies. I'm
not sure if this is already being taken advantage of with my iiwusynth
build, but I have noticed iiwusynth taking very little CPU time.. Cool
beans!  Must test more.. Cheers.
        Josh Green