iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Is this too good to be true?

From: Stephane Letz
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Is this too good to be true?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:56:23 +0200

>Wow, I just found a message posted to a mailing list that mentioned the
>following gcc switches:
>
>-mmmx -msse -msse2 -m3dnow
>
>It appears that these exist for at least gcc 3.2 (well thats the version
>I have, donno about earlier ones). "man gcc" confirms that these
>switches enable optimizations for the corresponding technologies. I'm
>not sure if this is already being taken advantage of with my iiwusynth
>build, but I have noticed iiwusynth taking very little CPU time.. Cool
>beans!  Must test more.. Cheers.
>       Josh Green

I think we should try the Intel ICC compiler for iiwusynth

http://developer.intel.com/software/products/compilers/c60l/noncom.htm

ICC compiler does automatic vectorization, thus allowing C code to be
compiled using sse sse2 vector instructions.

Stephane Letz

Grame: Centre National de creation musicale
9, Rue du Garet
69001 Lyon
Tel: 04-72-07-37-00
Fax: 04-72-07-37-01