iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] CVS: Chorus API and command line, ltconfig problem aft

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] CVS: Chorus API and command line, ltconfig problem after ./configure
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 17:45:05 +0300

Hello all,

now the chorus has command line control and an API interface.
I have further fixed / tried to fix the problem, that './configure'
required 'ltconfig ./ltmain.sh' to be run before make. 'libtoolize -f'
in autogen.sh creates symlinks for config.guess, config.sub and
ltmain.sh. Therefore, these three files are now deleted from CVS.
Please try, if
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install
works properly and let me know, if there are still problems (or new
problems...).

About the chorus: The command line interface has now functions to set
the chorus parameters.
Internally, the number of samples for interpolation is just high enough
to keep aliasing inaudible at the default setting (to use as little CPU
time as possible). More 'drastic' chorus settings are possible, but the
current chorus may produce audible aliasing - the notorious
spaceship-landing-sound. It's easy to fix this - increase the number of
interpolation samples in iiwu_chorus.c.

Some hardcoded chorus presets might be useful; send me your
good-sounding parameter combinations!

Cheers

Markus