hydra-users

Re: Request: add new package to hydra (GNU datamash)

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: Request: add new package to hydra (GNU datamash)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:37:06 -0400

1Hello,

I'm having problems getting the project to build on Hydra (it builds
successfully on multiple unix systems, so I assume it is hydra/configuration
related) - perhaps you could help?

On 07/14/2014 02:03 PM, Assaf Gordon wrote:

On 07/14/2014 04:33 AM, Rob Vermaas wrote:
I have pushed your change (and a typo fix: gpref -> gperf), and have created a
jobset: http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/datamash-master

Seems the tarball build (basically a 'make dist') is failing at the moment due
to a hardcoded location of /usr/bin/perl.

After removing the hard-coded path, the latest revision succeeds with the
"tarball" job,
but fails on all the builds.

Details here:
  http://hydra.nixos.org/eval/1136566

The log of the failed build complains about "perl" not being found:
   http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12569094/nixlog/1/tail-reload

I previously used "/usr/bin/perl", then "/usr/bin/env perl" - and both failed, so I
changed it to just "perl" (assuming it will be in the $PATH) - but to no avail.

Please note, that the raw log of the "tarball" step does seem to use perl successfully
(search for "help2man" string, it uses 'perl'):
  http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12569090/nixlog/1/raw

I assume the configuration for "datamash/release.nix" is not sufficient, but
I'm not sure what to modify.

Any suggestions are welcomed,

Thanks,
 -Assaf.