hydra-users

Re: Request: add new package to hydra (GNU datamash)

From: Rob Vermaas
Subject: Re: Request: add new package to hydra (GNU datamash)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:33:54 +0200

I have pushed your change (and a typo fix: gpref -> gperf), and have created a jobset: http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/datamash-master

Seems the tarball build (basically a 'make dist') is failing at the moment due to a hardcoded location of /usr/bin/perl.

Cheers,
Rob

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to request to add a new GNU package to the Hydra/Nix continuous build system.
The package is GNU datamash ( http://www.gnu.org/software/datamash/ ) .
git is at: git://git.savannah.gnu.org/datamash.git

Attached is a recipe (and also a patch against 'hydra-recipes', if that's preferable).

I've based the recipe on GNU Hello's recipe with minimal changes.

Also,
In the "HACKING" file of "hydra-recipes", there are three broken links:
1. The VIM/Emacs syntax highlighting:
  https://nixos.org/repos/nix/nix/trunk/misc/emacs/nix-mode.el
  https://nixos.org/repos/nix/nix/trunk/misc/vim/syntax/nix.vim

2. On of the Hydra manual links:
http://hydra.nixos.org/job/hydra/trunk/tarball/latest/download-by-type/doc/manual

which redirects to:
   http://hydra.nixos.org/build/11745134

And there the download links give error:
"Build product /nix/store/sh8ahcmq69w8rnd1ws7rba6bb9kqmyv8-hydra-tarball-0.1pre1724-91f895b/share/doc/hydra/manual.pdf has disappeared."

Thanks,
 - Assaf

--
Rob Vermaas