help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Zile in Debian next release

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Zile in Debian next release
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:54:56 +0100 (BST)

I'm considering uploading a package of the 1.7-b3 version.
I have been using it for few weeks and it seems quite stable.

That's a good idea, but there are several bugs fixed since then, including security bugs, and I'm not sure how hard backporting the fixes would be.

It would seem rather irresponsible just to upload a package with known security problems...OTOH, 1.7-b3 is definitely better than what is currently there.

Have you tried using CVS recently? It is pretty stable, but I suppose that loading this into Debian now is probably not a good idea.

I would be happy to review the logs since 1.7b3 to try to find security fixes that can be backported, if you like.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/
penitent, a.  undergoing or awaiting punishment (Bierce)