help-rcs

Re: Problem with RCS finding diff

From: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
Subject: Re: Problem with RCS finding diff
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:54:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Aaron S. Hawley wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
> > Yes, Linux does this, for one. But I saw no information about which
> > platform this was, so could not infer anything.
> >
> >         Hugh
>
> GNU/Linux not linux.  commence flame-war :)

Yes, I keep forgetting, as I've {seen,used} it in its short form
for so long.

> is it really true that RCS only works with gnu diff?  or is that for

Possibly not.  Again, I didn't know the platform, have had problems
with Solaris diff which has never supported -u (which is my preferred
way of reading patches and rcsdiff ouptut), and provided the most
direct route I could to a solution.  Gnu diff will work.

> extended functionality.  it seems to make some weak checks in the automake
> file, i couldn't figure out what they were exactly.

I never became fluent in autconf.

> /a

        Hugh