Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help to differenciate type of service in a authent

From: Luís Conrado Andrade
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help to differenciate type of service in a authentication request
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:57:06 -0200

        Sergey,

        My problem is that I don't have the NAS list. The telephone company
doesn't give me that. They only send me the IP address from their
proxy-radius. So, I have the list of proxies but I don't have the list
of NASes.

        I can't distinguish between broadband and dialup clients based on
REALM, they all use the same realm for my domain.

        State that, I would say that running two copies of radius on the same
machine would solve my problem, since I have boadband clients
authenticating on port 1645 and dialup clients authenticating on port
1812. Is there any problem that I will face doing that? I've tested
radiusd, and I know that this is possible. Other programs like radwho,
radlast and radzap will work?

        Can you give me the direction on how implement the parameter to check
on wich port of the radius server the request has arrived?

        Thanks in advance,

                Conrado