Re: [Help-gnu-radius] gnu radius ip address pool

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] gnu radius ip address pool
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:10:35 +0200

Ebejer Mark <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a gnu radius server and I want to start assigning ip addresses
> from a pool defined in the radius. Any idea how this can be done?

There are at least two methods available. The simplest one is using
'+' notation in RHS of the user profile, e.g.:

DEFAULT       Auth-Type = ... ,
                        <whatever check pairs you need>
              Service-Type = Framed-User,
                        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                        Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.10.1+

See

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_155.html#SEC25

for detailed explanation. Notice also that some terminal servers (most
notably MAX Ascend series) require Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
to be returned along with Framed-IP-Address attribute.

Regards,
Sergey