Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Maximum Loggen in Users

From: Kurt
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Maximum Loggen in Users
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:26:56 +0100

Hi Sergey,

first of all, thank you for your great support. Everybody gets anytime an
answer from you - even around christmas.

I observed that sometimes I had 127 users in the system (every minute I ask
our routers via SNMP and store the result in a database). More than 127
users weren't ever seen. Lately the max number 127 I have seen very often.
So I thought, maybe radius does not let in more than 127 users
simultaneously. Then I looked into my configuration and saw, that in
raddb/config max-requests were switched to 254 (for auth and acct). I
changed the max-requests to 2048 for auth and to 4096 for acct. After the
change, I have very often more than 127 parallel users in the system (166
was the peak). So I ask myself, if the ability to grant more than 127 users
acces to the system comes from the change in raddb/config or if it was by
accident. I use 0.96.4 (yes, I upgrade to 1.2 shortly ;-)). Below you find
my original raddb/conf

Thank you for an answer.

Kurt Tragant

option {
usr2delay 30;
max-requests 1024; <-- changed to 8192
# Uncomment and edit these if you need to:
# log-dir "/var/log";
# acct-dir "/var/acct";
};
logging {