Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/loc.... and CHAP-Passwor

From: Morten Winther
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/loc.... and CHAP-Password
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:39:06 +0100

Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

You don't need to build your script for that, since GNU radius already
supports CHAP authentication. Here is the sample profile for authentication
using SQL:
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I can use both the build in sql support and Exec-Program-Wait to do my own auth. I think it will work just fine with checking the password with the buid in auth and then the other stuff with Exec-Program-Wait. The problem is that I need to use two different queries to check if the users has access acording to which group the user is in.

I do have one question more about auth:

When I use Exec-Program-Wait my script exit with 0 or 1. If the auth shall fail I use 1 which works fine. However I would like to set my own Reply-Message "on-the-fly" in the script, but as GNU Radius add its own Access denied this will result in two Reply-Message which my NAS don't like. Is there a way to avoid this?

Best regards
Morten