Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/loc.... and CHAP-Passwor

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/loc.... and CHAP-Password
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:14:03 +0200

> I'm trying to get hold of Exec-Program-Wait
>
> How do I compare the CHAP-Password
> \É\Ê\ʨ\ʨV\¨VgVg\¾YY\ZÖZ\Ör9r9\#\#
> with my plain text password in my external script?

CHAP-Password is not actually a password. It is a binary challenge
sequence built and encrypted using a series of rules. See rfc 2865, page 7
(Chapter 2.2.) for detailed description of the algorithm.

> Oo is there a way to get the plaintext directly from radius? I'm using
> PHP as script lang.

You don't need to build your script for that, since GNU radius already
supports CHAP authentication. Here is the sample profile for authentication
using SQL:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Local,
                  Password-Location = SQL
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                  Framed-Protocol = PPP

Notice that in this case the SQL database must keep *plaintext*
passwords.

Regards,
Sergey