Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Still needing help

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Still needing help
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:31:05 +0300

Riikka Rikkola <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have problems with sending an autocommand to the router. The idea is
> that after succesfull authentication Gnu Radius would have to send
> autocommand to the router which asked for authetication. Does anybody know
> how this can be done?
>
> I have tried to do this by defining a new attribute cisco-avpair to the
> dictionary-file:
>
> ATTRIBUTE     cisco-avpair    2000    string

You cannot simply define an attribute and expect it to work. The
attributes have agreed-upon numbers and the procedure of allocating
numbers for the new attributes is centralized.

> The authentication goes just fine but after that nothing happens, the
> router doesn't get the autocommand.

Sure, that's because this pair doesn't even reaches cisco (attributes
whose numbers > 255 are never sent).

> Can anybody please help me? I've been wondering this for a week without no
> results. What have I done wrong?

Vendor-specific attributes for cisco router are declared in the file
raddb/dict/cisco. You need to include this file to your main
dictionary (raddb/dictionary). To do so, uncomment the line

$INCLUDE dict/cisco

(it is on line 20 of the default dictionary file). After that, reload
radiusd (radctl reload).

The proper spelling for the attribute in question is Cisco-AVPair.

Regards,
Sergey