[Help-gnu-radius] authentication failure

From: Riikka Rikkola
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication failure
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:39:13 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I am having problems with Radius, it returns failure to every
authentication request. I have probably made a silly mistake somewhere or
something has left to be undone, I just can't see myself what it is.

I have added this to my users-file:

riikka Auth-Type = Local,
        Password = "riikka123"

and I tested this:

>radauth -v riikka riikka123

and the reply is: FAIL

How can I get more information about this failure than only FAIL-word?

Also in radius.log it reads:

Starting
Terminating the subprocesses
reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/config
/usr/local/etc/raddb/users reloaded

But why doesn't it read anywhere "Ready" or "Ready to process requests"

Have I forgotten to do some kind of initial configurations or something?

And if this information is needed:

client.conf:

server local 127.0.0.1 foobar 1812 1813
source_ip 127.0.0.1