Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CALLBACK PROBLEM

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] CALLBACK PROBLEM
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:02:18 +0300

> I think that I shoul use  "Service-Type = Callback-Framed-User"

Basically that's true. However, the actual callback implementation
is highly NAS-dependent, so different NASes require different
attributes. In particular, Cisco routers require the use
of several special attributes. Here's the raddb/users entry that
I use for my Ciscos:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = SQL
                 <another attributes ...>
        # Notice the reply pairs:
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                  Ascend-CBCP-Enable = CBCP-Enabled,
                  Ascend-CBCP-Mode = CBCP-User-Callback,
                  Ascend-Data-Svc = Switched-modem,
                  Ascend-Send-Auth = Send-Auth-None,
                  Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:callback-dialstring="

To use this entry, you will have to uncomment the following lines
in your raddb/dictionary:

$INCLUDE dict/ascend
$INCLUDE dict/cisco

Regards,