Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ascend DNS attributes?

From: jason . messer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ascend DNS attributes?
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 22:49:37 +0000

> > TAOS seems to be fairly lenient in what it accepts. To enable MOH-Timeout I
> > send a VSA with the Lucent-Id and the 16-bit encoding, but the same accept
> > contains VSAs with the Ascend-Id and 8-bit encoding. Does sending work the
> > same way? I'm curious because the current inbound packet parser fails a
> > packet containing a VSA with 16-bit encoding (I know - should be
> > undistinguished octets), as soon as that is taken care of we will probably
> > want to enable 16-bit mode on the NAS and I'd like to keep the active
> > dictionary as small as possible.
>
> How are you sending these VSAs?  I believe I'm sending the right attributes
> set the DNS but the dialup user's DNS settings are not adjusted (I'm watching
> the PPP LCP and whatnot).

The dictionary file has the line:

  $INCLUDE dict/ascend.vs

uncommented, and the line:

  #$INCLUDE dict/ascend

is commented out.

It is important that only one of those two lines be uncommented.

> It _seems_ that I need to set up a connection profile, which I have not done
> right at this time.  I have no idea how to do so, either.  :-(  The DNS VSAs
> exist in a connection profile, but not in answer-defaults, which is what I'm
> using now.

Hmm, I add the Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS and Ascend-Client-Secondary-DNS
through an extension at a proxy (only added it if the cpe does not send
them). Since it sounds like your setup is a bit different, I'd guess
that reply items in DEFAULT would be fine.

Have you been able to verify the contents of the accept? You said you could
trace LCP in some manner, can you trace RADIUS in the same way?

Hope something out of that is useful.

-Jason