Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ascend DNS attributes?

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Ascend DNS attributes?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:29:22 -0500

> TAOS seems to be fairly lenient in what it accepts. To enable MOH-Timeout I
> send a VSA with the Lucent-Id and the 16-bit encoding, but the same accept
> contains VSAs with the Ascend-Id and 8-bit encoding. Does sending work the
> same way? I'm curious because the current inbound packet parser fails a
> packet containing a VSA with 16-bit encoding (I know - should be
> undistinguished octets), as soon as that is taken care of we will probably
> want to enable 16-bit mode on the NAS and I'd like to keep the active
> dictionary as small as possible.

How are you sending these VSAs?  I believe I'm sending the right attributes to
set the DNS but the dialup user's DNS settings are not adjusted (I'm watching
the PPP LCP and whatnot).

It _seems_ that I need to set up a connection profile, which I have not done
right at this time.  I have no idea how to do so, either.  :-(  The DNS VSAs
exist in a connection profile, but not in answer-defaults, which is what I'm
using now.

Regards,
Andrew