Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11 Enterprise)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 08:50:10 +0100

> I still see the files:

> https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/downloads/72215/libgcc-9.2.0-3-mingw32-dll-1.tar.xz/
>
> https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/downloads/72210/libstdc%2B%2B-9.2.0-3-mingw32-dll-6.tar.xz/

> The site is a bit slow to load, and you could get a warning about an
> expired license, but if you insist, you will get to the DLLs.

I tried a bit harder and insisted on the first one (where I got an
expired certificate warning, I think...?).

The second one just downloaded (but took its time doing so... it also,
apparently quietly and slowly downloaded yesterday...?)

Anyway: both now unpacked and copied to C:\ProgramFiles\ezwinports
(Note: directory exactly as shown above, i.e. no space in the
ProgramFiles directory name)

Thanks!

>> And I can't figure out where they are, starting at
>> https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/releases/

> They are under "MinGW.OSDN Compiler Collection (GCC)".

> I'm sorry about the hassle, but I cannot distribute the binaries of
> these DLLs without also distributing the humongous GCC and libstdc++
> source tarballs.

No worries! Thanks again!