Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Working rgrep in windows emacs in 2024? (GNU emacs 29.1, windows 11 Enterprise)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:00:43 +0100

> But I guess that means that if I can put C:\ProgramFiles\ezwinports
> first in the SYSTEM PATH then rgrep in emacs should work?

> I'll try (somewhat locked down corporate machine, so it can sometimes be
> hard to find out what I am allowed and not allowed to do...).

First dialog that popped up had system variable edit buttons greyed out.

But when I went in "the old way", so to speak, i.e. via "System
properties" and "Environment variables", I got the same dialog but with
the system variables enabled.

Then I put C:\ProgramFiles\ezwinports at the start of the system
enviroment variable "Path".

When I started a fresh emacs rgrep worked just as well as it does on
linuxen and macs.

Wow! That took 9 years, but I finally got there! :-)

Thanks again, Eli!