RE: emacs for windows 28.2 problems loading .emacs

From: John Covici
Subject: RE: emacs for windows 28.2 problems loading .emacs
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 00:03:41 -0500

I do have some more information -- the .emacs starts to load, but it never
loads my .emacs.desktop which is in the same directory as the .emacs .  So, how
can I figure out what actually the .emacs is doing?  The only thing I see in
the *Messages* buffer is a message indicating that the save-place is loaded, so
this is what I need to do --somehow trouble the .emacs file and see where it is
going wrong.