How much memory to debug Emacs nowadays?

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: How much memory to debug Emacs nowadays?
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 19:24:01 +0100

Hi,

I was trying to debug Emacs into GDB 9.2 (through M-x gdb into another
Emacs).  As instructed by etc/DEBUG, I have compiled it with "-O0 -g3".

But when I'm running this debugged Emacs, GDB starts to allocates *lots*
of memory (nearly 4GB) and now I regurlarly end up with the following
error: Recursive internal problem.

I say "now" because this used to work flawlessly some months ago.  My
question is: Is 4GB for debugging Emacs expected or is something
misconfigured on my side?

Thanks,
--
Manuel Giraud