Re: emacs 29.1: Errors with java-ts-mode on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs 29.1: Errors with java-ts-mode on Windows
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:58:10 +0200

> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:48:58 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > From: Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com>
> > Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:54:01 +0100
> >
> > >"EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> >
> >   EZ> What kinds of incompatibilities, and how could they arise?
> >
> > I don't know. Here is the answer:
> >
> > You are using the built-in treesit.el, and not this package. You
> > should report this bug to the Emacs devel and not here!
>
> I posted a question there, let's see what they answer.

I think I can guess what they want to say: they don't want to deal
with any problems related to use of the language grammars with Emacs's
built-in modes.  they want to hear only about the tree-sitter mode
that they support, which is a third-part package.  That package is
based on the same tree-sitter library as the one used by Emacs, but
Emacs uses the library differently.

I don't see how this could be relevant, and the Java grammar library I
built myself doesn't show the problem you reported.  So I really have
no idea what is going on with that binary library you downloaded from
there.  Maybe try to find another site which distributes Windows DLLs
of these grammar libraries?