Re: help: how to load existing file after upgrading to Emacs 29.1 from 2

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: help: how to load existing file after upgrading to Emacs 29.1 from 28.3, or save it without prompt
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 18:15:25 +0100

Globe Trotter <itsme_410@yahoo.com> writes:

[...]

>>  - the one in a site file on your system.  To find where it is: you  should
>>read the following info node: (emacs) Init File
>
> Apologies, what do I do here? Sorry, I do not know.

I gave you a hint to be able to learn for yourself.  Do you don't know
how to read info from Emacs?  If not, you should!  It is a vast
invaluable resource of documentation for Emacs (among other things)!

When you have a running Emacs, the following key sequence should take
you to where I was talking:

    - C-h r
    - m Init File <RET>

You could even learn how to navigate this documentation:

    - C-h i
    - d
    - m Info <RET>
    - h

> Btw, I am using X, and the openbox window manager. In case that makes
> a difference.

This is not relevant AFAIK.
--
Manuel Giraud