Re: emacs 29.1: Errors with java-ts-mode on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs 29.1: Errors with java-ts-mode on Windows
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:08:36 +0200

> From: Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 15:47:49 +0100
>
> >"EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>   EZ> What is emacs-tree-sitter?
>
> https://github.com/emacs-tree-sitter/tree-sitter-langs
>
>   EZ> And what do you mean by "the version of tree-sitter in emacs 29.1"?
>   EZ> Emacs doesn't come with a tree-sitter library; instead, you need to
>   EZ> download and install it yourself on the machine where you run Emacs.
>
> The answer I got seems to mean that there may be incompatibilities
> between language bundles in tree-sitter-langs and the builtin
> treesitter.el.

What kinds of incompatibilities, and how could they arise?  Unless
that site comes with a modified Emacs or a modified treesit.el, I
don't see how that can be the case.

I do see that the commands used by them to compile the language
grammar libraries don't seem to link against the tree-sitter library
itself, which I think is a must on MS-Windows.  But maybe I'm missing
something.

And that is all I can tell you.  I compile the tree-sitter grammar
libraries myself, and never had any problems.