Re: Mailing lists help [it was: Help with hooks]

From: Eric S Fraga
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:10:57 +0100

Hello Maske,

On Tuesday, 12 Sep 2023 at 15:02, Maske wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel
>
> I subscribed via e-mail to the list. I am using Thunderbird to read
> the digests. I have never used Usenet, although I have heard about
> it. I know I could use better tools to use mailing lists, but I don't
> understand the options you are offering to help me.

Using TB (or any other email tool) is perfectly fine.

If, however, you wish to access the newsgroup Emmanuel suggested,
gmane.emacs.help, you should be able to do that via TB as well; at
least, the last time I used TB, which was some years ago now, it had
support for newsgroups.

If you do wish to try using "news" instead of "email", the newsgroup
server is "news.gwene.org" and the newsgroup to subscribe to is
"gmane.emacs.help".  You might wish to try this but email subscription,
as you have already, is perfectly fine.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-08-14) on Debian 12.1