Re: Help with hooks

From: tpeplt
Subject: Re: Help with hooks
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 23:09:14 -0400

Maske <kediez@gmail.com> writes:

> I think version 20220318.1618 is newer than  2.1.0. It's from MELPA.
> Do you think I should go for the older version?

It doesn’t hurt to try the other version since you can always revert.

> I can hear the sounds related to org-pomodoro start and finishing.

Something simple to try:

1. Remove (comment out) the three forms that add values to
‘org-pomodoro-started-hook’.

2. Add the following:

(defun my-simple-proc ()
  "A procedure to add to a hook variable."
  (message "running my hook..."))

(add-hook 'org-pomodoro-started-hook 'my-simple-proc)

3. Test the pomodoro feature.  After you hear the sounds, you should
view your *Messages* buffer (type C-h e).  It should contain the message
"running my hook...".

If it does, then you are using ‘org-pomodoro’ properly, and you will
need to investigate how to use the toggle functions that you want to
activate.