Re: Get buffer unto a new frame

From: tpeplt
Subject: Re: Get buffer unto a new frame
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:24:39 -0400

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

>> Have you been drawing your helpful diagrams using Emacs’s ability to
>> insert individual graphic characters (for example, ┌, ┴, ┤), or is there
>> a package that you can recommend that allows for describing the
>> diagrams, and then draws them?
>
> I built an Emacs reimplementation of the line drawing workflow I
> remember from MS-DOS-based Multi-Edit and DOS Navigator. (You
> basically hold down Shift and move point with the arrows, and it draws
> over where you move, joining lines as necessary.)
>
> Unfortunately, it’s not currently published, and it has a few known
> bugs.

OK.  Thanks.  It looks as though Emacs’s built-in ‘artist-mode’ works
similarly, but when I tried it, it used ASCII characters instead of
graphic characters.  Either way, I was hoping that there was a tool that
allowed for descriptions of the diagram elements instead of a
keyboard/mouse WYSIWYG tool.  This would allow a user to describe the
diagram elements and connections and would then generate the diagram.
It doesn’t appear that anyone has yet written this tool for Emacs.  Or,
if it has been, it has not been adopted by Emacs users on this mailing
list.