Re: Get buffer unto a new frame

From: Heime
Subject: Re: Get buffer unto a new frame
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 14:10:44 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, August 19th, 2023 at 1:57 AM, PierGianLuca
<luca@magnaspesmeretrix.org> wrote:

> Hi Heime,
>
> Just wanted to say I completely understand you. I've had to deal with similar
> conundrums for many years. My personal experience is that (in my case)
> there's
> simply no best rule. I've had situations in which I needed copies of a buffer
> in different frames (especially if the frames live in different virtual
> desktops),
> or copies within the same frame but different windows; different buffers in
> different
> frames, different buffers in the same frame, and whatnot...

Then, one should have the capability to have a number of possibilities.

> For me the optimal solution has been to set up quicker keyboard shortcuts
> (avoiding all longer "C-x ..." ones) to ease up this kind of configuration
> changes.
>
> Cool if you find a standard solution for the kind of work you do.

Perhaps as you say, I might require different possibilities in future.
By detach I usually mean "send it away", meaning that the buffer is
sent away to a new frame, leaving nothing behind.

One can have multiple windows of the same buffer, is that correct ?
Can one remove all windows showing same buffer in some frame ?