Re: vterm and Meta?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: vterm and Meta?
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 00:39:14 +0700

On Sun, 6 Aug 2023 at 23:33, hw <hw@adminart.net> wrote:

> > Try out Xremap:

> That seems like a really bad software because it raises all kinds of
> security issues, because the overhead (not to mention the
> dependencies) must be tremendous and because it doesn't actually fix
> the problem by allowing to change the keyboard layout but wedges a bad
> layer in between.

You guys should really look into building custom keyboards rather than
trying to beat whatever is offered on the market into shape using
software solutions. At least two fully Free keyboard firmwares are
available (QMK for wired keyboards, ZMK for Bluetooth) and you will be
able to put whichever keys you want, wherever is comfortable for you.

For an Emacs user, it really pays off to design a board with many
thumb keys and put all the modifiers there. You also have the option
to program certain keys with one function when quickly pressed and
released, another when held, e.g. combine Space and Super.

(Please direct any responses to this subthread to emacs-tangents, I
feel it would be off-topic here.)