Re: Compare Note Taking Apps and Emacs.

From: Robby Zambito
Subject: Re: Compare Note Taking Apps and Emacs.
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 09:34:56 -0400

Hi Zhao,

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed this website given a tools list to Compare Note Taking
> Apps, but Emacs is not listed in them. I wonder if Emacs is suitable
> for this kind of work, or if it is outdated compared to these modern
> tools.

Emacs is absolutely suitable for note taking! It would be a bit harder
to compare head to head like the rest of these, because while it can do
most (all?) of the listed features, they may be available as seperate
packages, rather than as base features of Emacs.

Org Mode is pretty nice for note taking. I personally use an extension
to Org Mode called Org Roam (originally designed based on Roam Research,
which is listed on that site). Check out https://www.orgroam.com if you
are interested :)

Robby