Re: Compare Note Taking Apps and Emacs.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Compare Note Taking Apps and Emacs.
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 02:35:01 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> I noticed this website given a tools list to Compare Note
> Taking Apps, but Emacs is not listed in them. I wonder if
> Emacs is suitable for this kind of work, or if it is
> outdated compared to these modern tools.

There was a popular application for Windows (sounds more like
MacOS but I think it was Windows), this application gained
some fame and for some time there wasn't, maybe still isn't
a FOSS Unix equivalent up to strength really up there to
compete, this despite the seemingly trivial task of putting
up notes.

But for us that are used to using text files in an editor for
everything, I guess Emacs is number one for taking notes
as well.

Heh, maybe we should fabricate such websites comparing tools
for different things, and then Emacs always come number one!
Except for some really arcane hacking, where Vim would come
first (and Emacs second), just to give the presentation some
credibility (Emacs can't be best at _everything_, right?), but
also as a nod to the Vim guys ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal