help-global

Re: patch: global -u on win32 with src root at drive root

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: patch: global -u on win32 with src root at drive root
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:42:32 +0900

Hi Kai,
> even if i would - there's no need to put sources at '/'). But under
> windows,
> the typical setup here at work is that a drive letter gets mapped to the
> source
> tree. We're using clearcase here, and on Windows this is the default
> behaviour.

I understood.

> I played with this a bit this morning. I think i already have a working
> version
> which changes the behaviour of setupdbpath so that all paths it generates
> (cwd,
> root, dbpath) end with a '/'. It requires some additional changes to the
> current
> code. But then it solves both problems (windows and unix) with GTAGS at t=
> he
> fs
> root and actually does not require any platform dependent switches (so
> far).

What I should do is to decide whether to change the specification,
that is, whether or not tag files in the system's root directory
are accepted.  For this issure, please give me some time to decide it.
If the specification is changed, your problem will be solved.
I won't accept code which works by accident.

It seems that this topic has come off from this mailing list.

Regards,
Shigio
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3