help-global

Re: patch: global -u on win32 with src root at drive root

From: Kai Tetzlaff
Subject: Re: patch: global -u on win32 with src root at drive root
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:59:57 +0200

Hi Shigio,

> Hi,
> Changing the source code for Windows environment is OK.
> But I am anxious why the directory name is not included
> in the variable 'root'. Should not we fix the cause?
so far i was just looking at an easy fix for the problem at hand. But
yes, maybe it's worth it having a closer look. So i started doing this
and actually found that on unix, there's also a problem with having
GTAGS at /GTAGS. setupdbpath in getdbpath.c bails out with GTAGS not
found (line 277).

Now, on unix it might be questionable to have a GTAGS db at the root of
the file system. But on the other hand there's nothing which really
forbids this setup. So, if you think that this should be fixed too, i
guess i could have a closer look. Even though the fix which will result
out of this will probably have to change some more parts of the
root/dbpath detection code.

My first idea would be to try to change the code so that root (and maybe
also dbpath) would be setup to always end with a '/'.

/Kai