help-global

RE: excluding some paths

From: Hansen Martin
Subject: RE: excluding some paths
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:23:41 +0100

From: Shigio Yamaguchi [mailto:address@hidden
> [command line]
>
>       % cd src
>       % find ./dir1 ./dir3 -print > filelist
>       % gtags --file=filelist
>
> [limitation]
>
>       Path name must be started with './'.
>
> Find(1) has so rich options for selecting files that we need
> not complicate
> gtags(1). You can even edit filelist directly for your needs.
>
> What do you think?
I think this would be perfect.
Another solution would be to allow gtags to append to an existing database
i.e.
[command line]
gtags --append -w ./ --root=./ ./dir1
gtags --append -w ./ --root=./ ./dir3
[/command line]
That would give a database file in ./ containing dir1 and dir3, with ./ as
root.
I don't know which would be the easiest to implement. But both would suit my
needs. though I must admit your suggestion is the most flexible one.

--
Martin "the toolman" Hansen
lok: DG1204