gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] External main loop. Was: Correct way to handle 5 Hz on

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] External main loop. Was: Correct way to handle 5 Hz on an application
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:27:39 -0700

Yo Lisandro!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 14:53:42 -0300
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> El miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2018 14:50:32 -03 Gary E. Miller
> escribió:
> > Yo Lisandro!

> > > Proper dependencies handling, of course.  Embedding external code
> > > is just plain bad practice.
> >
> > You got your options.  Pick  one.
>
> Proper public API, for sure.

You got it.  So I fail to see the problem.

> > > Yes, a proper library only provides headers! If I need to
> > > recompile libgps_sock then I'm doing it wrong. Embedding is bad,
> > > really.
> >
> > Look at the Chrome or Firefox source code lately?  They feel
> > differently.
>
> Yes, and I also happen to maintain QtWebkit in Debian (actually, the
> whole Qt) and I know the PITA they represent.

One mans PITA is another man's safe place.  You ever read the Google
critiques of Debian?

> > > So by using libqgpsmm against Qt5 I get everything I need using
> > > just a precompiled distro package!
> >
> > If you have a solution, then what is the problem?
>
> Just a libQ*5*gpsmm would be enough, really.

You got it.  So I fail to see the problem?  For some reason Debian's
idea of naming is different than most other peoples...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588