gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:06:33 -0600

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:25:19 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just looked at the gpsd SConstruct.  The uninstall is just a mirror
> of the install.  Since scons did not (directly) add the links, it
> does not know how to remove them.

Near as I can tell, the installation actually occurs in
SCons.Script.InstallVersionedLib. So it's an scons problem, not a gpsd
problem.

> No mechanism to do arbitrary removes in there, yet.  So non-trivial
> to add them.

Not our monkeys, not out circus.

It is worth it to file a bug with the scons folks? I am neither an
scons nor a python person, so I'd probably be the wrong person to do it.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but