gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data

From: Niccolo Rigacci
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 08:39:25 +0200

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 01:31:51PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> Do it correctly, or don't do it.  The precision is in the
> JSON, and it is exactly what non-experts need and expecct.

Yea! You have convinced me. Even if this means that I have to
read two JSON sentences instead of one (SKY and TPV). But this
has the added bonus that I can display the position!

Please, can you tell me if epx, epy and epv are calculated by
GPSD or provided by the device? I mean: are there some devices
that provide HDOP/VDOP, but don't provide epx, etc.?

> Good, better.  I still have an issue on some hosts:
>
> # display tmp.svg
> Intrinsic has incorrect return type!
> i8 addrspace(2)* ()* @llvm.amdgcn.dispatch.ptr
> LLVM ERROR: Broken function found, compilation aborted!

Damn it! I suppose that your "convert" is from Imagemagick, can
you please tell me what delegate it uses for SVG, and may be
what version:

display  -list delegate | grep -i svg

--
Niccolo Rigacci - http://www.rigacci.net/