Re: PDF Viewer does not have continuous scrolling

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: PDF Viewer does not have continuous scrolling
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 18:34:47 +0100

Hi,

On 06/11/2016 10:46, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
ViewPDF 1:0.2dfsg1-5+b1 on Debian testing does not have continuous
scrolling. This inconveniences me as I read a line on page #N and I
can't view the next line on page #N+1 at the same time. I filed the bug
at the GAP bug tracker - please let me know if it is a wrong place. I
would appreciate it greatly if someone coded this feature or at least
added a comment with a bug fixing specification - which files to edit,
what to add.

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?49544

GAP does not host ViewPDF.
GAP offers GSPdf which is essentially a GNUstep frontend to ghostscript (GS of gs :) )

I don't know where ViewPDF currently is hosted and if somebody maintains it at all - Is it another name for the old Vindaloo viewer?
I could trace that to:
http://gna.org/projects/gsimageapps

Based on poppler.. it looks another piece of GS software that is.... bitrotting

I think that forĀ  "continuous scrolling" you intend to see at the same time one page and the next page? GSPdf at least do not offer that and won't in any near future: it essentially render one page after the other via ghostscript.

Riccardo