Re: Can we include NSDebugLog in non-debug libraries?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Can we include NSDebugLog in non-debug libraries?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:07:34 -0700

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

So the question is, what do developers want if we were to supply binaries,
since that answers Adam's question too, because that should be the default
I guess, since developers are our primary audience?

Well as an experienced developer, I want as much info as possible (including everything with debug=yes), but then I'd probably compile everything myself anyway.

I was thinking more of perhaps the developer who is just starting out. Who expects GNUstep to be bug free ( ;-) ) or doesn't know about the debugging option or perhaps just starts out with your SPM to see what's up. Eventually I'd like to include some kind of automatic backtrace when an exception or crash occurs. It would generate a file that you could mail to the bug-gnustep list that would allow us to figure out the problem. I think some kind of package like that exists for OpenStep or NeXTStep but I forgot the name.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it