gnu-emacs-sources

Re: contentswitch.el --- switch to buffer/file by content

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: contentswitch.el --- switch to buffer/file by content
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:50:40 -0500

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:27:46 -0700 (PDT) "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
wrote:

sc> On Aug 20, 8:51 pm, weber <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I had problems with encrypted files (.gpg), because emacs asks for my
>> passphrase when i open those. Perhaps we could use a contextswitch-
>> ignore-buffers variable?

sc> Added variable contentswitch-ignore

You need to check if a file is going to be opened by Tramp; if so, it
usually requires a network trip and often is inconvenient for the user.

So you should have contentswitch-ignore be a set of options (you can set
multiples):

- regexp
- 'hidden-buffer (I know a regexp can do this, but it's convenient separately)
- 'tramp (checks if Tramp would open it)
- 'encrypted (checks if EPA would open it)

The default should be '(tramp) I think.

For me at least, it's a very cool idea that is unusable without the
change above because my recent file history is spread over 20 servers
and 5 encrypted files.  I can send you a patch for the options above.

Thanks
Ted