gnu-emacs-sources

Re: contentswitch.el --- switch to buffer/file by content

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: contentswitch.el --- switch to buffer/file by content
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

address@hidden wrote:

> > A little proof-of-concept package. Let me know what you think.
> >
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/contentswitch.el
>
> Interesting!
> Contentswitch is humane interface to switch buffer.

The switch buffer thing is only an afterthought. The main purpose was
to open recent files by content, instead of name, but it turned out it
could be useful for buffer switching too.

> I thought contentswitch might be implemented as an anything source.

Yep. I wondered if anyone notices it. :) It is very well suited for an
anything,el source.

> And I blogged it, then someone really implemented contentswitch replica!

Cool! Any links to it?

> BTW, anything.el has evolved to the next generation.
> * anything-get-sources is now pluggable, so it is easy
>   to define new attributes and to write plug-ins.
> * Unit test at the end of file makes anything.el more robust.
> * Some new attributes to make our life easy.
> etc.
>
> I'll release it soon!

Seems it was a good idea to transfer maintainership to you. ;) I'm
looking forward to the new release.