Re: [gNewSense-users] [YeeLoong] GRUB as a primary bootloader

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [YeeLoong] GRUB as a primary bootloader
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:38:55 +0400

> Never did this, since I use filesystems not supported by
> PMON for everything else than the /boot partition with boot.cfg and
> kernels.

I guess that ext2 and ext3 are supported. What else?

> Maybe this can be fixed knowing more details.

Here is my boot.cfg:

timeout 5
default 0
showmenu 1

title gNewSense Parkes hda3 default syntax
        kernel /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-3.5.1-gnu
        initrd /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/initrd.img-3.5.1-gnu
        args console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda3 rootdelay=8

title gNewSense Parkes hda3
        kernel (wd0,2)/boot/vmlinux-3.5.1-gnu
        initrd (wd0,2)/boot/initrd.img-3.5.1-gnu
        args console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda3 rootdelay=8

title gNewSense Parkes GRUB
        kernel (wd0,2)/boot/grub.elf
        args some-dummy-string

title Lemote loonux
        kernel /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux
        args console=tty root=/dev/hda1

The first two show a black screen (no error messages).

Thanks