Re: [gNewSense-users] [YeeLoong] GRUB as a primary bootloader

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [YeeLoong] GRUB as a primary bootloader
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:42:17 +0200

> I'd like to install another system on /dev/hda1.
> I guess that PMON is installed there and it will cause some problems.

PMON is in the PLCC flash chip, the only file it has on disk is
/boot/boot.cfg which you can easily replace.

> Is there a way to use GRUB from /dev/hda3 as a primary bootloader?

boot.cfg must be on /dev/hda1, it can refer to "kernels" on other
filesystems.  Never did this, since I use filesystems not supported by
PMON for everything else than the /boot partition with boot.cfg and
kernels.

> I'm currently use a chain loading scheme to boot gNS.
> Because I was unable to boot gNS directly from PMON. [1]

Maybe this can be fixed knowing more details.